HPI

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ValkonGo, Sep 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValkonGo

ValkonGo Regular

First of all, I want to apologize for my language - I'm writing this through Google-translator. However, I hope that the language of mathematics is universal enough that you understand me.

Many people know about the existence of such an indicator as DPI - Damage Perfomance Index - which measures how well you deal damage based on your crit. This indicator is considered almost all calculators, including the most famous - http://dsopage.bplaced.net/
    To assess your protective properties, there is also its own, much less well known, indicator - HPI. Today we will talk about it.

HPI (Health Perfomance Index, also known as EHP - Effective HP) is a parameter that shows how much damage you need to die (considering armor / resistance / block). If you do not have a block chance - it shows very accurately, right up to the comma, if there is a block chance - games begin with probabilities and averagings.

To understand the essence of HPI is intuitively simple. If you, for example, have 50% armor / resist and 10K xp, then to kill you, you need to get 20K of damage (half absorbed by a armor / resistance, half will fly out as numbers and you will die). If you have a block strength of 80%, 10K hp, and 0 armor / resistance - to kill you in the block, you need to deal 50K hp (40K will absorb the shield, 10K will enter the body with a lethal outcome)
    And everything would be simple if not for one nuance: the DSO has six types of incoming damage and six types of resistance (physics + 5 magic), which can also be combined in different ways.

In practice, either unitary damages (100% of physics or 100% of ice for the sphere / ice arrow, for example) are of interest, or binary (50/50, like fireball or most boss attacks).
    Accordingly, for perfectionist purposes, we have to count 11 indices HPI (6 pure and 5 mixed).
    Why know your HPI? First of all, to answer the question - which assembly is better, the one in which there is more resistance / armor, or that on HP. Well, for general piskomomerstva thing is also not superfluous.

In order not to consider all this as pens - here's the calculator:
    (en) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FtxtyrHuEy6Jy_J7Fbw1dWMXTSC_4V3yxL9tQeaF6R4/edit?usp=sharing
    [English only please]

This is an Excel table. To edit it, you need to download it, or save a copy to your google disk. Just type in your parameters in green fields (in the form of numbers, not percent - Excel is not a fool, in the interest translate itself) and enjoy. For convenience, you can compare 5 assemblies at the same time (people who are versed in exels can unscramble the columns and compare up to 65,535 assemblies at the same time)

EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Sep 22, 2017
  2. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

omg, you should put all this energy in doing something productive :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.