Sockets for the new lvl 50-55 gems

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MrGood, Mar 7, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGood

MrGood Forum Greenhorn

Hi all.

I have a question about opening new sockets for lvl 50-55 gems. I thought I will open a new socket for the new gems but I can't. The locks are all grey colored. Do I need something more than the adermant to open?

Best regards

2. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

If you open slots in first row. The slot in second row will open too.

3. MrGood

MrGood Forum Greenhorn

I thought so but on my item all the old slots (5) are open yet I can't put anything into the 5 new slots they are grey colored and I can't even click on the lock to open. I posted this question because I thought maybe need something else to open but maybe my char is just bugged.

4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Ok buddy,look. Things are simpler than you think but you looks like you have not read enough about the new expansion, so you dont know. With the new expansion there is a new gem system called "rune system". Here is how it works:
    For every gem slot you have there is another rune slot. For example, a unique item with 4 gem slots has 4 rune slots as well. When you open a gem slot, a rune slot open at the same time. So, those grey colored slots are the rune slots, in which only runes and special event gems(jewel of rage, moonstone etc) can be placed. However, these runes and the special gems have some requirements and cannot be placed in any equipment. For example, cut peridot can be placed into gloves or jewel of rage into Weapons and Adorment. You cannot click to open the grey-colored slots because they are already open. You just have to see in what equipment your runes and special gems are available and then try to put them. Thats that

5. MrGood

MrGood Forum Greenhorn

Very good crash course it really helped me and I will read more about the new expansion. Ty :)

6. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

Great, thanks @thouvou000 for helping the fellow player!

Question answered, closing the thread.
    Good luck!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.