Why ranger's need to mark enemies?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by BBox, Apr 28, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBox

BBox Forum Greenhorn

Hello guys,
    probably what i'm gonna ask is a silly question, but please, make me understand?

I don't get the reason why a ranger should first mark the foe to get double damage with precision shot, when other classes can reach on their stats double dmg compared to rangers, getting the same maximum dmg without marking.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Hyean likes this.
  2. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Since marking is an animal thing... They must've got that from the dead animals they turned into equipment. :D

Morinphen likes this.
  3. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

you mean mages? well, thats the difference between pro and noob classes ;)

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Counter Question: Why do DK's have to hit things or be hit before being able to do their high damage attacks?
    Answer: It is just the game mechanic of the class. SWs can dish out high damage really easy, but a small fart from one of those fire mini bosses can kill them. RAs have incredibly flexible DPS/Defense options, but to do their max damage, they need to mark which means moving targets take more skill. DKs are the undeniable tanks, but they just can't launch into a fight and start killing or the DPS classes wouldn't stand a chance in PvP anymore. And SMs can do more damage than anyone else, but they are almost 100% reliant on their turrets which means that they have a harder time playing solo and are usually rather squishy.
    Recommendation: If you somehow think that this disadvantage makes playing RAs tough, try playing the other classes and you will learn that it is not so black and white.

EhtovK, VMmage, bLaind and 5 others like this.
  5. BBox

BBox Forum Greenhorn

That's the explanation i was looking for.
    Thank you much.

6. NoelaniAlthea

NoelaniAlthea Someday Author

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.